The collected data were analysed by means of Microsoft Excel spread sheets and consistent observation of qualitative data. The results show the main barriers to be dispositional, situational and institutional. The members of management in Namibian higher education institutions must be convinced about the importance of education for sustainable development and urged to develop a policy that can be used as an extension for on-the-job training of lecturers.
It is necessary to learn from other higher education institutions around the world how they implemented education for sustainable development in their respective institutions. Lecturers should be urged to use this experience to develop resources for implementing education for sustainable development in Namibian higher education institutions.
Citations per year
Related Articles:. Date: August 12, Date: March 18, Date: June 26, Date: October 10, Meaningful Learning and Informed beneficience.
- Environmental Learning: Insights From Research Into the Student Experience — Monash University.
- Environmental learning: Insights from research into the student experience — Monash University.
- Assassination in London!
- Build Your Own Super Salad and Wheatgrass Grower?
Stockholm Resilience Centre offers interdisciplinary courses on first Undergraduate , second Master's and third PhD levels of University education. Want to know more about our courses? Our engagement in science-policy-practice activities has increased steadily over the years and range from high-level UN dialogues to local resilience assessments.
Environmental learning: Insights from research into the student experience
Want to know more about our policy work? To date, however, there have been few attempts to explore what such learning looks and feels like from the perspective of the learners. A new book aims to change that. While the learning demands associated with sustainable development become ever greater and more complex, our understandings of the nature and dynamics of such learning are in their early infancy, Lundholm says.
The aim of this book is to bring learners and their experiences to the centre of current debates about environmental education.
By exploring the real-time actions, interactions and interpretations of individual learners in various environmental learning situations, the authors show how insights from research into the student experience can provide powerful pointers for future practice, policy and research. Proof might really be found in the pudding.
Chefs can be key changemakers in a sustainable transformation of our food system. Proposed management interventions in the Baltic Sea can have negative side-effects on seabird conservation.
Publications | Nick Hopwood
New report provides 36 solutions, ranging from solar and wind to electric bikes, commercial shipping and reduced red meat consumption, with the potential to scale rapidly. Evidence of a paradigm shift in fisheries development aid offers hope for future projects.
- Two Worlds One Heart!
- The Wright Brothers, Charles Lindbergh and Amelia Earhart: American Legends of the Sky?
- Environmental Learning: Insights From Research Into The Student Experience by Mark Rickinson?
- دریافت Environmental Learning: Insights from research into the student experience.
- Savor, a Paranormal Romance (Warm Delicacy Series Book 1);
- Dragonslayers: Battle Rhythm (Dragonslayers Saga Book 3).
- Big Ideas for Small Mathematicians: Kids Discovering the Beauty of Math with 22 Ready-to-Go Activities!
Patterns of the Anthropocene. Our research focus.
Insights from research into the student experience
Our publications. World research map. News archive.